Project Splatter sets out to create a UK map of wildlife roadkill. Its aims are to
- Collates data on UK wildlife roadkill reported by the public using social media
- Estimate the impact of roads on UK wildlife
- Determine which species are most observed as roadkill
- Raise awareness of this conservation issue
- Ultimately reduce the impact of roads on our UK wildlife
Project splatter collates data member of the public send to us on the location of UK wildlife roadkill – birds, mammals, amphibians and reptiles. This research is run by members of the public – termed citizen scientists. Members of the public see wildlife roadkill and report to use where, when and what, giving as accurate a location as possible.
Reporting details are here.