EAUC – the Environmental Association for Universities & Colleges – ran a series of webinars: A Cup of Tea and an SDG recently in celebration of Global Goals Week, and you can now watch them online:
- Goal 7 – Affordable and Clean Energy
- Goal 10 – Reduced Inequalities
- Goal 11 – Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Goal 13 – Climate Action
- Goal 17 – Partnerships for the Goals
EAUC says that if you’re interested in the Goals, there are lots of resources on the Sustainability Exchange with more being added. Also, if you’d like to be part of a global movement pushing for the SDGs to be further embedded in Universities and Colleges – you can sign up to the SDG Accord whose purpose is:
- to inspire, celebrate and advance the critical role that education has in delivering the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the value it brings to governments, business and wider society.
- a commitment learning institutions are making to one another to do more to deliver the goals, to annually report on each signatory’s progress, and to do so in ways which share the learning with each other both nationally and internationally. An objective is that sector SDG reporting metrics will be presented at the annual UN High Level Political Forum.