The National Union of Teachers is hosting a conference on education and the sustainable development goals:
Education and Sustainable Development Goals in the Commonwealth and Beyond: Shifting the Discourse
Taking place from 26th – 27th April, the organisers say that the Symposium will …
“explore the unique challenges and needs of developing and industrialized nations across the Commonwealth and beyond and inform policy aimed at developing accessible, inclusive, equitable, and quality education.”
Confirmed organisations and speakers include:
- Ramphal Institute, Director, Edwin Laurent
- Education International, Deputy Secretary General, David Edwards
- National Union of Teachers, General Secretary, Christine Blower
- Kings College, Professor Emeritus, Brian Street
- Commonwealth Teachers Group, Samidha Garg
The symposium is being organised by the Ramphal Institute whose mission is to advance knowledge and education in the Commonwealth in social, economic, governance and environmental policy areas for the benefit of both the public and policy makers. Tickets are available here.
We take it to be good news that the teacher unions are now interested in such matters.